The University of Stavanger established the OTICS group to gather academic staff with strong competences at University of Stavanger together with industrial collaborators
The aim of OTICS is to achieve these goals:
- High-quality research through international and national cooperation
- Stimulating new industrial and innovative products together with partners
- Establishing a network for interaction between researchers in cross-disciplinary research areas and industries
- Increasing the number of successful applications to the Research Council of Norway and the European Commission
- Increasing PhD positions
- Improving teaching quality
- Cooperation with other leading research institutions
OTICS will stimulate active educational and research collaborations among the academic staff, research staff, laboratory engineers and industrial partners. It will lead to joint research projects between the university and companies, joint research funding applications, joint-degree master and PhD programs, international industrial collaboration as well as participation in national center of excellence applications.
Cross-disciplinary competence within Ocean Technology.
Solid foundation for research competence in the four identified research areas.
Synergy effects for further research stimulation at high level and co-publishing.
Strengthen the group’s activities to work on a common research goal and explore opportunity of external funding as a team.
International network in all areas of expertise required to successfully implement the program.